Evolution through Coaching
Strategy. Adapting. Change. Performance.
Mental Toughness enables leaders and managers to deliver maximum organisational performance under the typical levels of challenge, pressure and stress associated with high level positions.
Aeona uses the validated and accurate psychometric measure, MTQ48, to measure Mental Toughness for individuals and groups, including small teams, senior managers or departments to the whole organisation.
Mental Toughness is the quality which determines in some part how people deal with challenge, stressors and pressure, and is a key aspect of performance and stress management in work and all walks of life.
Excellent leaders and managers typically have higher levels of Mental Toughness than the rest of the population, reflecting the demands of their work. Developing Mental Toughness helps them to better manage stress, deal with multiple tasks and deliver peak performance.
Assessing Mental Toughness is important as it enables you to:
- Assess a person's capacity to deal with stressors & challenges in the workplace.
- Understand why one person succeeds & another struggles when the pressure is on.
- Develop approaches to help organisations & individuals perform under pressure.
- Identify how to increase mental toughness, such as to increase capacity to cope with change, change attitude to challenge, increase confidence, increase self-responsibility and control in life and work.
- Recruit and develop staff more effectively around key criteria.
- Build teams that can deliver performance.
- Build resilience in your people.
Mental Toughness is often thought of as resilience or hardiness and MTQ48 measures four components:
- Challenge Some people see challenges, variety, problems & changes as opportunities and thrive in changing environments. Others see these as threats.
- Control Some people feel in control and that they have influence, and will be able to handle many things at once. Others feel that things happen to them and they have little control, and often they are comfortable dealing with one thing at a time.
- Confidence Some have the self belief to successfully complete tasks, which others with similar abilities but lower confidence consider too difficult. At the other end of the scale, individuals are unsettled by setbacks and feel undermined by these.
- Commitment Some like working to clear measured goals and targets and complete tasks to tough deadlines despite problems and obstacles that arise. Others are more easily distracted or bored.
Mental Toughness has applications for both Stress Management and Peak Performance. The valid and reliable measure of Mental Toughness, MTQ48, has received very successful results, and is quick and cost-effective to implement.
"Accept challenges, so that you may feel the exhilaration of victory." George S. Patton
"Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any one thing." Abraham Lincoln
Contact us for more information and case studies on how you can benefit from measuring and developing mental toughness in your organisation or for yourself as an individual. You can choose the personal support of 1:1 coaching in person or by telephone, or spread the costs and share the inspiration with a group of between 6-10 people.
"People rarely succeed unless they have fun in what they are doing." Dale Carnegie
Achieve more, make changes and be more successful:
Contact Aeona today for a no obligation, confidential discussion.
Tel: 01875 830708
Mobile: 07809 672859
Evolution: (noun) A gradual development. An exercise carried out in accordance with a procedure or plan.
Evolution through Coaching: Improved performance and desired changes achieved using a strategy to adapt people's attitudes, behaviours and actions.