Evolution through Coaching
Strategy. Adapting. Change. Performance.
Do you want to:
- Develop a strong inner drive to succeed?
- Be confident in your ability to succeed?
- Feel more positive and "can-do" about your work and other parts of your life?
- Feel more in control of your life or work?
- Feel optimistic about change and challenges?
If you answer yes to any of these questions, this programme is for you! Click here to see what people say about Aeona's mental toughness workshops.
The strain on everyone during these "interesting times" is enormous: we're expected to achieve more with less, we’re put in challenging situations and the personal and professional impacts are huge. Aeona's Mental Toughness Workshop will help delegates develop the skills to thrive and rise to the challenges being thrown their way.
Mental toughness is particularly timely and relevant as stress and performance management rise to the top of the agenda for many organisations.
Mental toughness is a key aspect of performance in the workplace as it measures how a person deals with stressors, pressure and with challenge. One of the accepted qualities of mental toughness is being comfortable with change. Partly, this is about taking change in one's stride, but it is also about the way a mentally tough person sees change as a positive opportunity. Additional scales in the model look at an individual's resilience, confidence, commitment and control.
Purpose for this one day workshop :
To use the mental toughness model to understand how people develop resilience and the inner drive to succeed – even in challenging environments, and how to develop mental toughness yourself and in others. To assess personal level of mental toughness using the MTQ48 profiling tool and create a personal development plan for improving performance, well-being, ability to cope with change and to approach challenges with a positive ‘can do’ attitude.
- A framework to cope with change and approach challenges with a positive can-do attitude, for individuals and at the team and organisational levels.
- Individual (and team, where relevant) profile for mental toughness and a personal development plan.
- Improved performance individually, and at team and organisation levels.
- Improved well being.
- Improved clarity and focus with goal setting.
- Improved confidence.
This intensive and transformational programme includes:
- A one day highly interactive and practical workshop, resulting in every delegate creating a realistic personal action plan.
- Pre-course work to stimulate discussion during the workshop.
- Pre-course completion of the online measure, MTQ48, and a "big 5" personality profile, to aid personal awareness.
- One hour 1:1 feedback after the workshop on personal MTQ48 and personality profile results.
- Three months email support to help delegates implement their plans.
We know that the Mental Toughness approach works to improve performance, particularly where there has been major change and where dealing with stressors, pressures and challenges is vital to the role. This leading edge approach can really make a noticeable impact on the performance of the organisation as a whole, as well as providing benefits at the individual level, particularly regarding stress and wellbeing.
Employees at all levels have to work to meet increasingly demanding targets, handling several pressures at one time, while responding to interruptions and changes in expectation. Mental Toughness Development enables managers to develop strategies to help them perform under pressure and also to support others around them. This improves overall well-being in the workplace and ultimately creates a better working environment.
Mental Toughness is a significant factor in determining how a person responds to pressure – and how that might result in excessive stress. Research shows that Mental Toughness consists of four components, all of which have implications for individuals in the workplace:
- The extent to which we feel in control of our lives and our emotions.
- How we respond to challenge and to unplanned change.
- The extent to which we commit to (demanding) goals and targets.
- Our confidence in our abilities and in our dealings with others.
Mental Toughness has applications for both Stress Management and Peak Performance. The valid and reliable measure of Mental Toughness, MTQ48, has received very successful results.
Mentally tough individuals make more positive use of past experiences to inform future achievements and have demonstrated a more developed capacity to visualise success. This workshop helps individuals develop their ability to achieve this.
- Understanding Mental Toughness – What it is and what it is not, Control, challenge, commitment and confidence.
- The importance of Mental Toughness, how to measure it and apply it in the workplace.
- Understanding your own mental toughness profile.
- The nature of stress – what it is and what it is not.
- The sources of pressure and stress, the ways people respond and the consequences for performance.
- Personality and Mental Toughness – and how these impact on stress management and peak performance.
- Solutions, tools and techniques for developing mental toughness, designed to help people to deal effectively with stressors, pressures and challenges and perform to the best of their abilities irrespective of the circumstances in which they find themselves.
- How to create and sustain effective plans to manage stress and achieve peak performance.
Duration: 10am to 5pm, including tea, coffee and lunch.
Places are limited – group size is restricted to only 6-15 people.
Book your place now.
Please contact us for group discounts for two or more people booking together, or to discuss in-house delivery options.
Contact Aeona for further details and to book your space.
Tel: 0845 6436 084
Mobile: 07809 672859
"Found the whole motivating and refreshing"
"A reminder of how much we can affect change in our lives. "
"Didn't feel lectured at and I just enjoyed it. Useable and interesting stuff, especially being prompted to think about things that I vaguely consider but don't try to work on for myself"
"Found it most useful to take time to reflect on what is causing stress, and planning, building confidence. I will now plan ahead to be prepared for difficult situations and try to look at stressful situations from a different angle."
"Really enjoyed the workshop and got a lot out of it. eg: identifying that I would like to set new goals and the need for self-recognition and identifying when to accept praise. I will have a more focused, positive outlook on life"
"It is really good to get a reminder of our awareness. The workshop was well delivered and having to answer questions and think about things I don't know the answer to worked well for me."
"I liked the varied activities – interaction with other members of the group / accepting praise. What I will do differently as a result of today's workshop: put plans in place to achieve goals."
"Lovely laid back approach."
"I found the skills for improving control and visualisation most useful. The positive aspects part of confidence made me realise I've got more to give than I thought."
"The relaxed atmosphere of the session and confidence of the speaker made it work well. I enjoyed the learning experience and sharing of ideas within the group."
Evolution: (noun) A gradual development. An exercise carried out in accordance with a procedure or plan.
Evolution through Coaching: Improved performance and desired changes achieved using a strategy to adapt people's attitudes, behaviours and actions.